Wednesday, November 23, 2011

The World’s 500 largest asset managers - Year end 2008

from (http://www.watsonwyatt.com/)

The P&I/Towers Watson global 500 ranking is prepared using joint research by Pensions & Investments and Towers Watson.
Highlights from this year’s report include:

Total assets under management of the 500 managers included in the ranking totalled US $53.4 trillion at the end of 2008, down 23.1% from the end of 2007. This is the first yearly decrease since 2002.

Barclays Global Investors stays at the top of the ranking, followed by Allianz and State Street Global.

Assets under management of North American managers were US$ 23.9 trillion at 2008 year end, a decrease of 24.3% from the previous year. European managers experienced a similar decline, ending on US $22.7 trillion for the year.

The Top 20 managers' share of the total assets increased from 37.5% to 38.5%. Yet their assests were down by 21.4% in the same period.

US managers in the Top 20 manage 50.8% of the total AuM for that group, while the remaining 49.2% is controlled by European managers.

For details, click the link below:

The World’s 500 largest asset managers - Year end 2008


No comments:

Post a Comment